Sorry for the delay since the last update – been really busy getting Batch 1 together – so I’ll consolidate the last of the build updates into one post.
The second order of potting goop came Thursday so I knocked that out.
As it turns out, it’s 10 units to the ZipLoc gallon bag, and two bags to the 0.45 Gallon kit, so it was only 6 pairs, not too bad.
Was a long day… Started with 52 potted units, each needs to be unwrapped, cleaned of flashing (belt sander), and given a good wipe down with isopropyl alcohol.
Then 7 hours here…
After the potting is set, the procedure is:
- Clip temporary zip tie, discard
- Cut wire loop to correct lengths for input/output/ground
- Crimp on ring terminal
- Heat shrink ring terminal
- Cut split loom to length for input + output
- Tape one end of input + output split loom and slide on to respective leads
- Secure split loom at base of enclosure
- Install weather seals on wires (4x)
- Strip wire ends (4x)
- Crimp terminals (4x)
- Install male connector housing and seat weather seals
- Install female connector housing, seat weather seals, and install retaining clip
- Tape up split loom
Anyway, around 1AM
Started packing. Each order gets a whole bunch of stuff that needs to be put together…
By 3PM I had the pre-orders packed and off to the post office. Not sure if they will get processed today or tomorrow, but they are in the mail! Finished the Batch1 orders when I got home and will take them in to the regional hub tomorrow.
Then I took a nap. And then wrote this post. Mic drop.
PS. There are only two lonely SKBOWE kits left that are in need of a good home… Can anyone take them in?